Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fireworks for Grandpa's Birthday

Have I ever mentioned that Braden is a waterdog?
He's just like his dad I guess.  Two peas in a pod.
Good thing his daddy loves to get wet too.

July 6th we celebrated Grandpa Ron's birthday by lighting some fireworks and celebrating our independence from the ruthless British.  The tyrants! :)  O.K. I have to put that in there because he is from Great Britain and I have to give him a hard time.

It was a bit windy and we had a hard time lighting the fireworks, but in the end we prevailed.

These are some serious fireworks!  I remember doing rinky dinky little ones like this when I was a kid and it was so exciting.  The same goes for my kids, they really liked them and had a lot of fun. 

Landon stuck to grandma's lap for the whole show, but we finally coaxed him into holding a sparkler.  He was very timid at first, but quickly warmed up to them.
They had fun with them .

Now there's a handsome fella, even if he is from England, we can forgive him for that. He is also the birthday boy.  
Here he is with his thousand candles.  After all, isn't that how old he is?  Maybe I should lay off a little? (I'm gonna' get it on my birthday)

I made the cake myself.  O.K. just kidding.  It was a very delicious cake though.  Make that a delicious ice-cream cake!  Who doesn't love those?

No comments: