The first thing you always do on the 4th of July is go to a parade. Since we were heading up north for the 4th to spend time with family, we weren't in Vernal so my brother, Ryan was nice enough to let us join him and his family at the Riverdale parade. My kids had a ton of fun and I'm glad we were able to go. In fact, all of my siblings were there too with their families and also my sis-in-law's sister and their family. I have a hard time deciding which pictures to post and which ones to leave out so I usually end up posting way more than I need to. But here they are anyways.
Landon, Leah, Dalin and Kyla waiting patiently for the parade to start.
The excitement at seeing something in the parade, but since my back was turned to take the picture I have no idea what they saw.
Korbin and Landon.
I love this picture. All the cousins lined up together to watch the parade. I'm pretty sure this is all 11 of them. Leah, Bailey, Dalin, Kyla, Linkin, Landon, Korbin, Daxton, Makayla, Aubree, and Braden. I hope I spelled all their names right.
Here's a closer look. It was so hard to get them all looking at the same time. This is the best I could do out of 5 or 6 tries.
Collecting candy. They got quite the haul.
A little later, after the parade we went to my parents' house for a BBQ. And what a fantastic idea to get out a slip'n'slide. The small hill in my parents' backyard was perfect for giving them a little bit of an oomph, otherwise some of the younger kids wouldn't have slid very far. They did this for at least an hour, and some of them even longer off and on. We destroyed my dad's perfect grass.
The older kids tried going down different ways, and the younger ones would always follow their lead. Turns out going down on your bum doesn't really work so well.
I love how they're all lined up and ready to go. Little Makayla was so good to wait her turn patiently and all the boys would just keep crowding in and running ahead of her over and over. Hahaha, Dalin is losing his britches in this pic.
Braden got the best hang time out of all of them. He would fly clear off the thing over and over.
Landon kept sliding off the edge before he would reach the bottom.
Korbin was in hog heaven.
Makayla hung in there with all those boys.
I love their faces as they go down. Priceless.
Little Aubree even went down, much to her dismay. She did not like the slide but in the end had fun in the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment