Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm So Sexy

Fast forward to today after school.  Dalin came in the door singing to himself "I'm so sexy, I'm so sexy."  What are we talking about?!!?  So as nonchalantly as I could I asked him where he learned that little ditty.  He looked at me with one of those looks that says "oh mom, you are totally old school"  and said "that's what you say to a girl if you want her to chase you."  O.K. People is this normal for a second grader?  I'm so going to be in trouble.  The stuff they come up with....

Then later that day while I was cooking dinner the boys were out back playing.  Dalin and Braden got out two mitts and started playing catch.  So cute.  The lined up clear across the yard from each other and threw it pitch style; wind up, leg in the air, and chuck it as hard you can.  Neither of them actually caught the ball but it was sure fun to watch them play.  Then after dinner while I was cleaning up the boys went back outside.  This time they recruited Landon into their game of two-hand-touch football.  Apparently they've been learning this at school as well and Dalin says he plays it everyday at recess (when he's not being chased by girls).  It was so funny to watch them explain the game to Landon and then keep telling him he was playing wrong.  Braden kept getting frustrated because I guess Landon was on his team and was making them lose....go figure. 

1 comment:

Leslee Hubbard said...

Is that what Dan says to you when he wants you to chase him? Haha, the things kids pick up.