The end of September brought a freak hail storm. We had blue skies and hot weather, and then, out of the blue, some patchy dark clouds came rolling in and with them came the hail. We're talking the kind of hail that dents cars. We all went and stood under the awning and watched. The kids, more specifically Dalin, ran out and collected some. I ran out there with them and it didn't feel too good when one of those suckers hit you on the head. Dalin loved the stuff and he filled a whole tackle box full of them and stored them in the freezer for a month. I don't think I've ever seen hail quite that big. The up side to this freak of nature was the string of rainbows that followed. Once the short storm was over, the clouds vanished and it warmed right back up in a manner of minutes. It was really weird weather.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment