Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkins

I have grown pumpkins almost every year since I had kids.  It's fun and they are easy to grow, with very little maintenance.  The kids enjoy watching them grow and are excited when we get to go out and pick them to put on our front porch.  I also get to save a little money at Halloween time because we don't have to buy pumpkins.  This year we had a fairly good crop.  When we noticed the plants start to die off because it was too cold at night we had to go pick them.  This is always such an exciting day.  It came a little earlier this year because it froze so much sooner than previous years. 


Landon won't be seen without Monster trucks in hand.

Showing off their crop.  For only planting two plants this year, I think we got a pretty good yield. 

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I like how you say that pumpkins are really easy to grow. haha.. Apparently you still have to have a green thumb for even pumpkins or tomatoes. Our "garden" did nothing this year. Ugh.. I love how great your pumpkins are, and its fun to just go in your yard to pick pumpkins.