Monday, June 9, 2008

Drawing Pictures



Dalin's new favorite thing in the whole wide world is to draw pictures. The hard part is helping him to understand that we can't draw on everything. The other day while I was laying Braden down for his nap and Dalin was watching Elmo I came out of Braden's room and was horror struck. Dalin had drawn all over the T.V. with a highlighter pen that Dan had left out the night before. For those of you who don't watch Elmo's World, his two favorite things are his fish, Dorothy, and his crayons. In fact Elmo's whole house is made of crayon pictures and he colors on his furniture with his crayons. Bad example for Dalin to follow. Needless to say I was able to get the marker off the T.V. before it dryed out and now there's only a slight mark on the speaker that wouldn't come out. Dalin now knows that we only draw on paper and whenever he wants to draw he'll ask me to get some paper. But in order to peek his artistic interest I've bought him some sidewalk chalk and bath crayons. Holy cow he was in heaven the first time I showed him he could draw on the bath tub walls and then he can erase it with a wash cloth. He loves it, especially when Dad draws with him in the tub.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like fun!! I wish I could draw on my bath tub! I still have some wonderful drawings from Dalin made before you left. Silly boy!

Rachel said...

That is fun that he is liking drawing more. We have actually started to let Ky draw a little too. Bailey has tub markers too and loves them.