Monday, November 28, 2011

9 Months!

Well, I just can't believe my little baby is nine months old. He is growing so fast. He's accomplished a lot in the last month and is much faster at doing many things that my other two were rather slow at. He is a fast little bugger and can now crawl like a speed demon if he wants to. He is so silly and will laugh at just about anything. Multiple times when I'm out and about he has been mistaken for a girl. I kept thinking to myself "come on people, he's not dressed even remotely like a girl, there's no hair bows, or pink, and there's not a dainty bone in his body." Well, today while I was waiting in line at Fred Meyer the man behind him started making small talk and the conversation turned to the fact that I have 3 very rowdy little boys and this man has 14 very rowdy grand kids, all of which are boys. Then he looked at Landon and said "you know he's a beautiful baby" I joked and said, "yea, well, he's often mistaken for a girl." He laughed and said "no really he's gorgeous. His blue eyes just sparkle and he's just beautiful. You should look into having him model." I laughed again and we parted ways. Maybe that's why Landon is mistaken for a girl at least 3 times a week. He's so beautiful. Hahahaha. He loves to practice walking, holding onto anyone's two fingers, and gets very upset if he crawls over to you and you don't oblige him. He basically rules the roost here in our house. He is a darling and we love him. Although the other day Dalin said "mom, I wish Landon was a girl". I laughed and then he said we needed to have a girl so I wouldn't be the only one. I hate to disappoint, but that's not going to happen. My lot in life is boys, boys, boys, and I love it. Just like Grandma Doris I guess.
Landon loves to eat. He likes anything and everything I throw at him. He's never not liked something or refused to eat.
The window in his bedroom goes right down to the floor and so the curtain hangs down to the floor as well and he's discovered it. Every time he's in there he'll crawl right over to it and pull it over his head. He thinks it's funny to look through it at you because it's see through. Dalin and Braden are good at making messes. The other day they opened my window seat and pulled out everything I had stored in there (mostly just blankets) and used it as their ship.... Not to be outdone, at the exact same time, Landon was in his own room pulling out all the clothes I had in a box on his floor. And it begins.....mess, mess, mess. I can't keep up with the 3 of them. Look how proud he is!
Landon loves to play with his brothers and always wants to be included. His brothers are always good sports and let him be in on the action. Here he is playing trains with Dalin.
Dalin walking the relentless Landon around the house. It's good to have big brothers.
Braden also plays great with his little brother. And the have a great time while Dalin is at school.
Lately Landon has been waking up from his naps in a very good mood and I hear him just talking away at himself. The other day he was laughing at himself and when I went in to check on him I found the reason he was laughing. He thought it was hilarious to stick his feet out the bars of the crib. What a silly kid.
He has also started pulling himself up on EVERYTHING. He loves this window in our living room. Again, look how proud he is. It's almost like he's saying "I'm so clever"
Pulling up to the dishwasher. Oh so helpful.
Pulling himself up in his crib.
Pulling himself up anywhere he can find.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am a little slow catching up on blogs, so I'm just reading this. Landon is super cute!!!! What a cute face!