Over Thanksgiving weekend Dan actually had a couple days off. We felt normal for a minute. Rather than just sit around the house we decided we needed to get out and do something all together. So I researched and found Multnomah Falls. It was about 65 degrees in Portland, but higher up, here in the gorge, it was much cooler, so I'm glad I thought to bring coats. All but Dan's, because of course he didn't think he would need one, and he froze his butt off (I can hear Braden in my head saying "mom you can't say butt, it's not a nice word"). It had been raining hard for two days solid so everything was still very wet and muddy and the waterfalls were coming down hard. It's amazing the amount of power behind water. By the time we left we were drenched, not because of rain but because of the falls.
Dalin and Braden loved this rock because it was bigger than Braden.

Here's a good shot of the two falls and my adorable family. Braden couldn't take his eyes off the
waterfall. Anyone who knows him at all knows that he loves waterfalls.

This is a picture of me and Braden standing on the bridge from the above picture. Braden thought I was going to drop him down the waterfall. Just look at his face. He said very frantically "mom put me down, I don't want to go down the waterfall".

The boys and Dan on the bridge. You could actually hike a short jaunt up to the top of the falls, but we were cold and wet and didn't think the boys would make it so just hiked to the bridge.

Braden also wanted a picture of this little waterfall off the side of the trail. He said "
aawww...mom it's a cute waterfall." Also notice the giant leaf coming out of his pocket. We carted that thing all the way home.

It was a very fun short day trip and it reminds us of what a beautiful place Oregon is.
3 comments:
We went there too. It's pretty. By the way, cute hair!!! I like it!
What a fun trip - we love that area - beautiful waterfall!!
How about arse? Is that a nice word? ;) love multnomah falls!
Post a Comment