I have a great mother-in-law and thanks to her the boys got much needed bunk beds. Braden was getting too big for the toddler bed and there's no way two full size twin beds would've fit in their room. So while Anne and Ron were visiting she got on the Walmart website with me and we found a bunk bed for really cheap and had it shipped to the store. The down side....Dan was busy with school so that left me to get the beds and set them up. So off I went to Walmart (a good 20-25 minute drive from my house) and picked up the bed with 3 very helpful children tagging along. Luckily the guy who worked there was extremely helpful and lugged the box on a cart out to my car and then helped me put the back seat down so the box would fit (it was huge). I know that guy will never read my blog, but I will give him Kuddos anyways. I couldn't have done it without his help. That night Dan pulled it out of the van and put in on the garage floor. Two days later I came to the realization that this bed was not going to be put together any time soon by my very busy hubby and Dalin and Braden were getting more and more anxious by the day to have their new bed. So I got ambitious and thought "I can do this, it can't be that hard". On the reviews page of the website people said it was very easy to put together and multiple people said it took them less than two hours. This bolstered my confidence so I began hauling the bed piece by piece into the boys room. It was too heavy for me to carry all at once. About half way through I was irritated beyond reason and started taking out my woes on the kids. They got smart and left the room. Two hours later, after two more hours of profanity, I was sure I was going to go to hell over this easy to put together bunk bed. I finally put the kids to bed -- in my bed since theirs was still indisposed and got back to work. The final stage....I was almost done and in the clear. But then I realized I had put the whole blankety blank thing together backwards and the last few pieces were not going to fit that way. It was at that moment Dan decided to come home. He came in the room and said "this looks great" and then I'm sure he saw the look of death on my face (for a picture of this face check out my sisters blog and look at the picture of Makayla with the death look) So he slinked off into the kitchen to scrounge up some food. I took the whole flippin' thing apart and turned all the parts the right way and finally finished around midnight. I moved the kids into their new beds and fell into my own bed exhausted. I HATE putting things together. I'm not a builder and I don't intend on ever doing that again. But the beds turned out great and the kids LOVE them.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a fun bunk bed! I can imagine how excited the boys are to have such a cool bed. And now I know you are a true sister of Steven's, he does the exact same thing when he tries to put something up and I always hear a few naughty words which ends in me doing it myself. Lol
Dan must have been scared if you gave him the Makayal look of death!
Fun beds. My girls would love that!
Post a Comment