Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sick and Tired

Just a warning, this is going to be a very long rant....this is more for me than anyone else.
Well, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. It's been a long winter in that regard. It all started in September when I got the flu. We're talking the worst flu I've ever had. I was on death's door, I'm sure of it. Awful, awful stuff. While I was still recuperating from that I got a cold. A really bad cold, not just a sniffle. It took me two and a half weeks to get over that one. Right when I was starting to feel one hundred percent, bam, another cold. This time I couldn't stop coughing. All night long I would cough. I doped up on cough medicine and took ridiculous amounts of Mucinex. I usually don't take medicine unless I absolutely have to, but this time I was very generous with the amounts of medication I took. I'm pretty sure I overdosed a couple of time, but I didn't care. I was sick of being sick. I got over it, but now my kids started with it. Not all at once, but one by one. One would get over it and another one would start. Then I got another one, again a really bad one deep in the chest. Horrible stuff. Not having insurance I never was able to go to the doctor and just hoped it didn't turn into something more. Then right as we were leaving to go to Utah in December Braden got the flu (yes we all got our flu shots). Cleaning up someone else's poop and barf isn't easy when you still don't feel well yourself, not to mention this all happened in the middle of the night. The next night poor Landon did the same thing, only the diaper made his little bum so sore it was bleeding. So after postponing our trip a few days we headed off. The first night we were there I started coughing again. Oh, no I thought, I couldn't possibly be getting sick again. But I did, and I'm not sure I'm over that one yet. Then while we were still in Utah, at my parents' house Dalin woke up late barfing his guts out, much to my dad's dismay. Ugh...I can't take it any more. The past week Braden has got the worst case of pink eye I have ever seen. His poor little eyes were swollen and red so bad, that he almost couldn't open them. I took him to the now care and nurse was shocked at how bad it was. I was anal about keeping my hands washed and keeping his hands washed, but to no avail. Landon came down with it as well. So now I have to put this cream in (that's right, I said IN. It's not a fun process) their eyes four times a day for the next two weeks. Dan ended up with it this morning, only his isn't quite as bad as the kids. Luckily, keep your fingers crossed, Dalin has avoided the pink eye, although he still has a nasty cold. Last night I was awakened yet again by a crying child. I didn't even want to get out of bed to address it I was so tired. In comes Braden because his ear hurts. I was just at the doctor the day before for the pink eye and she checked his ears and found them to be in perfect condition. I gave him some Tylenol and finally got him back to sleep, in my bed of course. There goes my good night's rest. The next morning I took him back to the now care and had his ears checked out again and sure enough he's got an ear infection. So now he's on three different medications. This better be the end or I might throw myself off a cliff. This has been the worst year I can remember as far as being sick goes.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow! Im sorry to hear you guys are having a hard time with all the sicknesses! Hopefully this will be the end of it and you can finally recooperate!

jenn said...

Yuck! Sending healthy vibes your way.