Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homework

I love that Dalin loves school and is improving so fast. I took a picture of some of his homework because I got a chuckle out of it. Part of what they do in his school is teach the process of writing, so they have to think up a story, draw a picture about it, and then write one or two sentences about it. As a parent I have been instructed not to help with spelling so that he can learn how to sound out words on his own. I love that he adds "conversation bubbles" to all of his work. Sometimes I have to get after him about doing his best work. He tends to get sloppy with his writing sometimes. I should post one of his more recent pages because the improvement really is amazing. This one is from January and they had just started writing this way so it's pretty rudimentary. Now he's getting pretty detailed. Yesterday he wrote a story about Link saving Tetra (from Zelda and the Windwaker) with four sentences and a pretty detailed picture. I love, love, love it.
This page was actually from before Christmas when they were still covering each letter individually and I love this one because of the picture he drew of underwear. I got a laugh.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Isn't it so fun to watch them learn and grow? :)