Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring - Well Kind Of

About a week before we left Portland, the very end of March spring looked like it was coming.  We had some warm, sunny days.  But this time of year, as happens almost every year, I get so disappointed when I realize it's still a bit early to pull out the short sleeves and  flip-flops.  Yes we were hit with a snow storm.  Yes, I did say we were still in Portland where it rarely snows.  My spirits fell as I looked out the window, but my boys jumped for joy.  What fun!  They hadn't seen snow all winter like they're used to so they kept asking when it would come.  They so desperately wanted to build a snowman, but Portland snow is not Utah snow.  It's very wet and melts very quickly so snowmen don't really work too well.  But as you can see they had a ton of fun playing in the snow, even though it didn't last for very long.



No comments: