Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Artwork

So I don't keep all of my kids' artwork.  I choose one or two really good ones that I really like and keep it in their files, but the rest I take pictures of  so I don't have a million papers all over the place.  We also showcase them on the boys' bedroom door for a while.  When we get new ones we pull an old one off the door and replace it with the new one.  The kids like this because they get to look at their work all the time, and I like it because once we pull it off the door we're done with it.  It works for us.  Anyways here are a bunch of pictures of their end-of-school work that got sent home all at once.

Braden drew a picture of our house.  He drew the big tree on the side of the yard and made sure to point out he included the roots.  He also attached the neighbors' house to ours, but left it white to show that it's not part of our house (we live in a duplex).  
He had to draw a picture of a flower and label all the parts.

This is his turkey, made out of his hand.  Although, by the time this one got home it had been torn and rolled.  He liked it because after he painted the background he got to draw clouds and grass by rubbing off the paint with a Q-tip.

Braden's butterfly.  He does like to paint and is glad they get to do this at school.

His little leprechaun.

This one was his favorite.  It's a ghost done at Halloween time drawn with white chalk on black paper.  He told me it looked like a real ghost and that's why he liked it so much.

First of all, I'm not sure why Dalin insisted on going bug-eyed on me.  I took this picture about five times and every time I clicked the picture to take it he would do it.  Apparently he thought it was funny and this was his way of getting back at me for making him take so many pictures.  Little stink!
Dalin's snowman made out of small ripped papers.  

His leprechaun.
He made his family tree.

I loved this one, done by dipping the tip of his finger in paint and then all over the paper.  

Dalin didn't have that much artwork because I had to pull him out of school early every Tuesday for vision therapy and that was right when they went to art.

We checked out a "How to Draw" book from the library and he drew all of these animals out of that book.  He had fun with it.  When I asked him which picture was his favorite he said, "None of them.  I don't like anything about art."  That's not true but at the moment he was giving me a bit of attitude.  What will I do when he's a teen?

No comments: