So the first week of summer was a bust for us. My kids all ended up with hand, foot, and mouth disease and let me tell you it is awful! I noticed the bumps all over Landon's legs first and although Dalin didn't get the bumps anywhere he was just so, so sick. I took them to the doctor when I noticed the bumps because I didn't know what they were. They almost looked like chicken pox, but my kids had been vaccinated. The doctor confirmed hand, foot, and mouth disease and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it but let it run its course. It comes with a high fever, extreme flu-like symptoms, and of course, the bumps in young children or the very old. The doctor also told me it's extremely contagious so I had to quarantine my kids for a whole week. That was the most difficult part, since it was summer and all their friends wanted to play. Dalin got the worst of it and didn't get out of bed for about six days. He wouldn't eat anything and just laid there being miserable.
Here's the pictures of the bumps. This was at the very end after it had pretty much run its course so the bumps were actually worse on Landon. He had them completely covering his legs and all the way around his mouth. Luckily the bumps didn't itch. They would just form and break open then go away.
Braden's bumps bothered him more than Landon's did, but he only got these few around his mouth. Not a fun thing to deal with, and not a great way to start out the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment