My kids really enjoy sports. They loved indoor soccer and now they get to play outdoor soccer. We had really great weather for most of the season. Here in Vernal they only play in the spring rather than in the spring and the fall, so they each have two games and a practice each week. It makes for some busy schedules but we all enjoy it.
Braden had a really good team this year and a great coach. I didn't coach this year because I was still in school and it was a bit too much to take on.
What a handsome boy.
He hates to lose and loves to win. If his team was winning he would start to taunt the other team with things like, "We're winning and you're not!" followed by some outrageous laughing. I had to keep telling him he needed to tell the other team they were doing a good job and thank them for playing. I had to tell him not to taunt the other team almost every single game. Good life lessons I guess.
But it's fun to celebrate a goal.
They don't have goalies in Braden's age group yet but he liked to play defense and stand in front of the net and prevent goals.
Having their huddle at half-time.
And it's always fun to goof around a little bit.
Watching our brother play. Landon can't wait until he's old enough to play.
Dalin also enjoys soccer and is getting really quite good at it. At the beginning of the season he wasn't great, but after talking to him a few times about how he could get way more touches if he would dribble the ball up the field rather than just boot it he caught on real quick. He and his teammates got pretty darn good at dribbling up the field and passing for the goal.
Dalin plays on a bigger field so I had a more difficult time getting good pictures of him in action. So most of the pictures are of him just out on the field.
Dalin really likes to play defense. He was good at it too. He would go get the ball from the other team and then dribble it up the field. He didn't ever score a goal, but he had a lot of assists and prevented a lot of goals. He often requested to play defense.
Here he is getting a shot on goal. I really love to watch my boys have so much fun and improve year to year.
No comments:
Post a Comment