Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas

The big day.....Santa didn't disappoint.  Dalin got the game Minecraft and Braden got Minecraft Legos.  It's kind of an obsession of all little school-age children right now.  Santa also brought the boys an Xbox.  I had several people (of an older generation) tell me I would regret the video game stuff.  So far I haven't.  They enjoy playing with friends, with each other, and it keeps them out of your hair when you need them to be.  Could they play for hours on end, day in and day out?  Sure.  Do I let them?  No.  I monitor usage pretty closely and it has just basically replaced any TV time they had before.  I don't mind it so far.  Legos of course are always great for creative play.
Landon is so big into super heroes lately that he has been positively obsessed.  Santa is so smart and he always knows what you want.  Captain America to the rescue!  This helmet has gotten so much use in our house with all the little boys I have around, including those that aren't mine.  It lights up around the eyes and you you can attach night vision to it.  Of course he got the whole package because Santa knows how to find great deals so he has the helmet,  night vision binoculars, weapons system that straps to the wrist and fires arrows, and a shield that holds and fires four, count 'em, four bullets!  So cool.  Oh, and I almost forgot about the flashlight for dark situations.
Getting some adjustments.
Landon would not be parted with his stuff, even for a picture.  Notice the flashlight attached to the helmet along with the night vision?  
Dalin has wanted Minecraft for over a year now and was really thrilled when he got it.

Opening some presents.
Now the chaos begins as cousins and other family start to join us.  Lots of kids and lots of presents and excitement.


Landon with Leah and Kyla.  Leah and Landon hit it off over Christmas and were good little buddies.

Iron man mask to add to the stash of super hero paraphernalia.  He loves it. I couldn't remember if this came from Kyla or Leah.
Makayla got Braden a nuts and bolts set that he can use to make animals and anything else he can manage to put together.  It has a real screw driver and real metal parts.  He loves this kind of thing.

Dalin got a Lego book that shows you how to make all kinds of things.  It gets the creative juices flowing and so far this book has gotten some pretty heavy usage.  

My wonderful grandma Doris, the amzing Supergrandma got the kids books.  I love it.  Dalin got Diary of a Wimpy Kid and that has been a huge hit at our house.  One night around 9:30 pm I hear giggling turn into uproarious laughter.  Since this is way past bedtime at our house I went in to see what was going on. Dalin and Braden were huddled under a blanket together with a flashlight reading about teeny tiny underwear.  They thought it was the funniest thing they have ever read.  I love that this book makes them love reading.  Braden had to check one out from school and has kept it for four weeks now so they can read in bed at night before lights out.  What a great gift.

The first picture of all the great-grandkids.  Notice Landon's head?  Yes it's a giant balloon.
And here's round two, no balloons.
Grandma Sylvia got all three of my boys scooters.  This is another much used gift at our house.  Even the neighbor boys have gotten good use out of them.  
Good gifts all around and I'm so glad they each have a different color so there can be no arguing over whose is whose.

All the boys with Grandma Sylvia.  Braden, Daxton, Korbin, Landon, and Dalin.  

Landon and Leah using their art supplies Santa brought.  I loved watching them interact together and talk about what they were drawing.  

Braden and Kyla tried to work on some projects too. 

Helping Landon out with his drawing.  These two were the cutest.

Except these two were the cutest too.
And these two.  Grandpa was nice enough to set up a little TV downstairs so Dalin could try out his new game.  Bailey was playing too.  



Then we were up to Grandma Anne and Grandpa Ron's house.  Unfortunately my camera ran out of memory at this point (oops, should have emptied it before the holidays) so I didn't take as many good pictures as I wanted.  But these are some good ones.  Grandma made the boys each a quilt for their bed, which they have used every night since, and don't forget the pajamas.  They really like their new pajamas.  

Braden found one of Grandpa Ron's old English hats and tried it on for size.  What a cute little chap.

Definitely English blood in there because he looks crackin' or smashing.  

Maybe he should sit on the settee and drink some tea with his mates.
Grandpa Ron is our favorite.  He sure likes to teeze and I always like to watch the boys' reactions.  Sometimes they aren't quite sure whether or not they should believe him.
And who doesn't love a good grandma in her festive apron.  You know what that means, don't you?  Good food is awaiting.  
We had a blast this Christmas and were so blessed with great memories.  Sometimes it's hard to focus on Christ with the bustle and hustle of Christmas.  We tried to remind our kids over and over the real reason we celebrate Christmas and how important that reason is.  I hope they remember that and the memories they build with family more than what they got.  It really is a special time of year.  Thanks to everyone who shared it with us.  We are truly blessed!

No comments: