Thursday, December 4, 2014

Basketball

I have to say that I'm excited that my kids are getting old enough to play basketball.  It's by far my favorite sport and although I enjoy watching my kids play all kinds of sports, I really enjoy basketball.  Dalin is finally old enough to play on an actual team rather than just be in a skills class. He had tons of fun and I really had a great time watching him.  His coach wasn't the best and I wish Dan or I would've coached because his team wasn't very good.  Not because they weren't skilled enough but because they weren't coached.  Now I know.  

I thought it was just too cute that each player had a colored arm band to match the player they were supposed to guard.  Otherwise, they would end up all guarding the ball like bunch ball in soccer.  That doesn't work so well in basketball.  Dan and I were able to teach Dalin quite a bit about how to keep himself between his player and the basket.  Again, fun to watch.  I think other parents thought we were crazy because both Dan and I were standing on the sidelines telling Dalin where to go and what to do.  If the coach had been any good then he would've done that, but he didn't, so we did.  Lovin' this life.








No comments: