Saturday, August 18, 2012

Walks With Landon

I like to take walks with Landon in the evenings when things have cooled down.  He loves walks too and I often find him just sitting in the stroller, waiting for me to get my act together.  If he sees you while he's sitting in the stroller he'll say "walk, walk, walk".  If you don't respond quickly he gets kind of upset.  He can be kind of a fireball.  He can also be the sweetest boy ever.  Most of our walks he chatters away pointing a naming everything he sees. The other day while we were out walking some quail ran across the road in front of us and he pointed and said "doggy".  I replied with "actually that's a bird, a quail."  He sat there for a moment processing what I'd said then said "coca-doodle-doo".  I just laughed and laughed.  Then later on that same walk a little dog ran along the fence line as we walked barking at us.  Landon again pointed and said "bird", again I laughed then replied "no, that's a dog." He replied back "coca-doodle-doo".  What a funny kid he is. 

He had his 18-month check up today and is doing absolutely great.  Here's his stats:
Head: 70%
Weight: 77%
Height: 97%
Yes he is a TALL kid.  I wish I had a picture of him around the little boys in nursery, all of whom are older than he is.  He is huge compared to them.  I love this kid to pieces.
 He still takes a 3-4 hour nap every day.
 Always looks grubby and has some kind of bruise, scab, or bump on his head.  Poor thing.
He loves to ride the many bikes we have.  He even climbs up on Braden's bike and will just sit there and make car noises.  He can't even reach the peddles but that doesn't stop him from going.  He's figured out that if he starts at the top of the driveway and lifts his feet then the bike will start rolling.  He loves it.  He can walk along with the trikes and big wheels and gets anywhere he wants to get.  Sometimes this means trouble. 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a true boy there! And I hear ya about towering over other kids in nursery! I got asked the other day if Korbin was 4. ha ha.. umm.. nope! Just turned 2 actually!

LesleeHubbard said...

Funny how your children would be fireballs....