Oh, how cute is that? I can't believe he's in first grade, and I'll be the first to admit that it's been really hard for me. He's gone from 7:50 in the a.m. to 3:55 in the p.m. That's a long time! He's gone to school more hours than he's at home and I worry about him being safe, making the right choices, making friends, sucking his thumb, and of course learning all he can. He was very excited about school and a little nervous. The first couple of weeks were rough for both of us, but once we all adjusted life was good. He would come home from school and the first thing he would say is "mom, that's a long day". But now he's used to it and comes home and tells me about what he did at recess, what he did in math, and this or that. He loves to learn and comes home, gets out his pencils and paper and writes out math problems for Braden, then solves them for him. It's so great to see him excell. I went to the first parent-teacher conference last night (yes we're that far into the school year and I'm just posting this) and his teachers, Miss Lynch and Mrs. Angus, had great things to say about him. He's on the upper end of grade level in all his subjects, except reading. He's above grade level there. They did say he's wiggly and talkative, but always listens when he's told to sit still. I guess that's something I need to work on at home. And mom sighs a sigh of relief. I worry too much, I think. I worry he's behind in everything, but he's just fine. I'm glad he likes to read. He wants me read books like Percy Jackson and the Olympians to him. I tell him they are a bit too involved for him and will read them next year. Right now we're reading Charlotte's Web for the second time. He's such a good kid and I love him to pieces.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay let me just say this.. His teachers name is Anus?
I cant believe he is in first grade either! I remember when he was just born and that just baffles me! Thats awesome he is doing soo well in school! I think Korbin will be the same way with talking and such..
Hahahaha. Okay her name is Mrs. AnGus not Anus. Whoops that's quite the typo.
Post a Comment