We were lucky enough to spend a few days with each family this year. First stop was Grandma Anne and Grandpa Ron's. Our kid absolutely love to stay with them.
Braden with two of his very favorite people in the world...Grandpa Ron and Missy. He spent many happy moments on this chair with Missy on his lap.
Mom, take my picture.
He looks all grown up in this one.
Cute boys love each other...even if they don't always like each other.
Enjoying a yummy meal together. One of the things I love about Christmas is the food.
Another thing they love about Grandma Anne's house...the Legos.
The Lego train is the best. It used to be Dan's when he was a kid.
And yet one more reason to love playing at Granma's house. She gets out and plays with them. Here she is playing slave....pull us, pull us faster.
We were able to go out and do some fun things while staying. We went and saw Frozen and loved it. I will admit that I find Disney movies quite entertaining. I was very impressed with Landon. I thought I would have to take him out several times and that he would want to run wild, but he sat on his own chair completely mesmerized the whole entire movie. When it got over, he exclaimed "we got those bad guys!"
The next day we went to the Hardware Ranch to enjoy a sleigh ride and the elk. The kids had a lot of fun and so did the adults.
Waiting in line for the sleigh to come.
Dalin and Braden thought the huge horses were awesome. Dalin really wanted to ride one, but to no avail.
We really enjoyed the sleigh ride and informative ride out to see the elk. They are really big up close.
We had to check out the horses again once the ride was over.
Then Dalin found a "secret hide-out" and they played there for a while.
While the kids played we warmed ourselves by this awesome fire pit. Dan and I want to have one of these one day. It was great the way they built it up and then had the stone seating around it.
On the way back to the car the kids found a hill to slide down. It was so slick they could just slide down on their bums or bellies. I have to admit that I found the little kid in me and did it with them for about 20 minutes. We had a lot of fun with it.
Then comes Christmas Eve. It's fun to have Christmas over and over again at everyone's houses. It's like one big day that doesn't end. Here's the boys giving Grandma her present.
Loving the anticipation.
So excited to show Grandma her book of pictures. Dalin felt the need to read it to her.
Grump face.
Then it was Grandpa's turn to open his present.
Ooooo's and Ahhhhh's.
Daddy's turn and one more grump face.
Now the kids get a turn. They got hooked up at grandma's house with Legos, pajamas, and so on.
Finally Landon gets a turn.
Hmmmm, what it it? That's a big box.
Yes! It's a skateboard. They've already had a ton of fun with these on the driveway in the snow. We may have to get Landon one for his birthday because he thinks he's 8-years-old and can't bear to be left out of the fun.
Now it's my turn. Thanks for the gift! It was amazing.
I love me some Hob Nobs. They come from England for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about and they are delicious.
Now it's time to put the Legos together. We spent over an hour helping Dalin and Braden put them together. Go Nijago! I have to say that my boys are very good at putting them together and can read and follow the directions great. Braden just gets mixed up which side he should put it on. They love to build with them.
Still putting Legos together.
And one more stink face. Notice the bucket of cars next to Landon. He got a bunch of them and still carries them around wherever he goes. He sleeps with them, eats with them, and they even go to the store with us.
Legos, Legos, Legos.
That ends one happy Christmas with Colemans. We had so much fun. Thank you for all the great gifts and food and most importantly, the fun we had with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment