We got hit with a big snow storm on December 12th and it snowed all night and all day. It was pretty deep. I have to say that I didn't enjoy shoveling my driveway 3 times. The first two times it was only a couple of inches, but by the time I got to the end of the driveway it needed shoveling again. So then I thought "screw this" and went inside and didn't bother looking at it again until the kids were in bed. By then it had piled high and was up to my knees. So out I went to shovel again. Dan helped very little *snort, grunt, sigh*....
It just about broke my back and I was sore for days. The school bus was over an hour late and the kids finally got home around 5:00pm. Cars were getting stuck all over the place and I had to help push a couple of neighbors out. We live on a dead end road that never gets plowed so no help there. BUT...
There are always blessings. A great guy in our ward came with his dune buggy that had a blade on it and plowed our little road. I was so grateful. I don't think we would've been able to get our cars out for days.
AND...
The next day was beautiful. The kids got a snow day and we all went out and had some fun. Dan hooked up our ice fishing sled to the back of our friends' 4-Runner and took us for rides. That truck was awesome and we never got stuck. It was perfect because no one else was on the roads so never even saw another car. The kids went for rides, the neighbors went for rides, and then Jill and I went for a ride. This is the video of our excursions.
The day after the storm the kids ran out to play. It was super powdery snow and not very sticky so we tried and failed to make a snowman.
Landon had fun shoveling.
They all just rolled around in the snow. They were out there for hours.
Dalin and Braden got creative and made tunnels. I was impressed.
Lots of fun. We haven't had a single flake of snow since and it's been ridiculously cold. We're talking negative 16 degrees Fahrenheit. Too cold for me, but the snow was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment