Friday, December 6, 2013

Decorating our Christmas Tree

I will catch up on what we did for the holidays.....hopefully.
We were slow to decorate our tree this year.  Usually we do it around Thanksgiving time, but this year it just didn't happen.  Dalin was sick at Thanksgiving and had a heck of a time getting over it so we waited.  Then, it seems someone or another was sick or I had to work the weekends and Dan was in school.  But we finally did get it up the second week in December.  The kids, as always, had a ton of fun.  They get so excited when you bring out that box full of Christmas and can't wait to dismantle it all.  I have to keep strict rules about the process so all my good stuff doesn't get torn apart.  This year we got our tree and set it up the night before so it was out and ready then I laid out all the ornaments so they were ready to go.  Much easier way to do it so the kids aren't waiting impatiently for mom to do all the necessary boring stuff.  I also put the lights on so they were ready to go.  We got a real tree this year because out here in the middle of nowhere they're dirt cheep ($10).  Once we were all up and going the process began. 
Not sure what they had all over their faces, but apparently we were too excited to bother wiping it off after breakfast.



They did a good job.  I kept telling them to spread the ornaments out and not put them on top of each other, but you know how that goes.

What cute kids, and what a cute tree.

This is how they spread them out.  Haha.  Every year I have to discreetly move them apart so no one gets offended that I moved their ornaments. 

Their finished product.  I love live trees.  They are the essence of Christmas.  I love to sit by the tree and read a good book late into the night.  The only thing that would make it better would be to have a fireplace too.


No comments: