Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas at the Rounds

In all honesty I wanted to stay home for Christmas this year and had planned to have a get together with some friends on Christmas evening after we did all the normal presents and family things.  A couple of my friends and I started planning a nice meal and some fun things and then Dan said he would rather go up northward and spend the week with family since he got the whole week off work paid (He works for the Ute Indian Tribe and they are REALLY laid back.  No one wants to work so no one works).  We were going to go up the day after Christmas and spend a few days with family, but Dan wanted to go up the weekend before and get more time with family so we decided to do that instead.  Which meant we were at someone's house other than our own for Christmas (the down side) but we got to see everyone and spend a lot of time with family (the up side). 

So after the Coleman's came the Rounds. 
Before all the cousins showed up we had our own little family time with the kids and opened our own gifts and stockings and saw what Santa brought.  I got a lot of really good deals this year which I was happy about because we were on a tight budget.  Dalin and Braden got remote control helicopters which they've been wanting.  Dalin is really good at in now.
Landon got a remote control Finn McMisile from Cars2.  He loves Cars and Cars2.  He's all about Lightning McQueen or Lightning the Queen as he calls him, but Santa couldn't get him one unless Santa spent over $50.  Being the cheapskate that Santa is he was unwilling to drop $50 on a two-year-old's toy car so he got this one instead for much cheaper.  Luckily Landon loves it and it has now become one of his favorites. Plus the remote control is very easy and even he can do it.

Braden go his helicopter too and although he's not as good as Dalin (understandabley) he's still pretty good for a 5-year-old.  He also loves his Disgusting Science kit.

Dalin showing Grandma Sylvia his helicopter.  These toys drove my poor dad crazy.  I think Christmas in general was a little too much for my dad, but that's ok.  It took a while to figure out the helicopters.  They are much more involved than Landon little car.


Santa also brought boxing gloves.  Now they can all box with the safety of gloves rather than just fisting it which is what they've been doing.


Hey, yo Rocky!  Que music....

Braden checking out his stocking.

Now it's present time.


It was all I could do this year to keep Landon from opening all the presents before Christmas. He loved that they were all under the tree and claimed every one of them to be his.  This created many an argument from his brothers.
He loves this HotWheels track and I like that it's stuck to the wall instead of all over the floor.



Wow, did I really look that bad on Christmas morning?  I need to trade cameras with someone so I'm in some of the pictures.

.
Dalin giving Daddy a gift.


Then the whole extended family came over and things got a little rowdy with all those kids.  My grandma Doris always gives such great thoughtful gifts, not the mention the cash hidden inside.  This year we all got books that belong in the same series from the same author so as we each read them we can pass them along.  We all thought this was a great idea.

Lots and lots of people, mostly kids everywhere.  It was fun chaos.

Here are the kids opening their gifts from Supergrandma.  That's what they call my Grandma Doris Because she really is super.

They also got a book and cash.  They were very thrilled as we love books at our house.


Grandma Sylvia got Landon some monster trucks, which he loves.  They are a bit big for his bed so I consistently have to talk him out of sleeping with them.


Grandma Sylvia and Grandpa Randy also gave Dalin and Braden some Nerf guns that they have enjoyed.  When friends come over watch out because it's all out war in our house.  Dan has also had a lot of fun with these.

Thank you for the great gifts!

Braden giving Grandpa Randy his gift.  It was so hard to take pictures this year because it was such craziness.  I realize that I missed some shots I should've taken, but that's ok because we did enjoy every minute of the chaos.

Korbin gave Braden some Nerf balls.  Another much played with object in a house full of boys.  I love Korbin's face in this picture.  Doesn't it just express every kid's feelings on Christmas?

Leah gave Dalin a Nerf football.  Perfect for when they play football.  Dalin's been wanting one for a while since they've had to play with a basketball before.

Kyla got Landon an ambulance.  Do I even need to say anything more about how much Landon loves any type of vehicle?

Christmas number two over with and we had such a great time.  Thank you to everyone for the thoughtfulness.

No comments: