Monday, October 27, 2014

Climbing Wall

I've posted before about the awesome rec center here in Vernal on a couple of other occasions.  My boys have wanted to climb the rock wall for ages, but we've never done it until now.  What an adventure!  They climbed and climbed until their muscles couldn't climb anymore.  What a great way to burn off all that energy they carry around. 

I wasn't sure about how well Landon would do, but there was no need to worry.  He jumped right on up and got pretty high up there.  Then, he just happened to look down and got a little nervous so he came down.  But he went up several times so apparently he wasn't that nervous.  


Here's Braden all harnessed up and patiently waiting his turn. 

We played some ping pong while we waited for our turns.  Dalin got quite good at it after I played with him for a while.

Braden, on his way up.  At the top there's a bell they can ring before they descend and he was absolutely not coming down until he'd rung that bell.  He went up that wall and rang the bell at least ten times.  After that I stopped counting so I don't know how many times he actually went up.  Finally he got too tired and just couldn't do it any more.


At the bottom after his first climb.  He had the most fun of all.

Dalin was determined to climb the advanced side of wall and I could not get him over the "easy" side.  He kept getting frustrated because he couldn't ring the bell so on his last two climbs he finally moved over and got to ring the bell.  He was very proud once he'd done it.



We will definitely be doing this again.









No comments: