Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween

Halloween was a little crazy this year.  I just felt like I ran out of time and things were a little hectic.  But we all had a ton of fun as usual.  Since Halloween was on Friday and that's short day at school we carved our pumpkins after school.  Normally I like to have pumpkins carved before Halloween day, but we just didn't get to it this year.  So even though I felt rushed and didn't get to carve my own the way I wanted we still had a great time slicing into it.  Grandma Anne came to visit over the weekend so it was fun to have that great addition to our fun.  She helped us carve and get all ready to go.  She even dressed up with the kids.




Here's Dalin with his pumpkin.  Yes, he opted to be pirate for the third time in a row.  I made him a tractor costume out of boxes, but at the last minute he just wouldn't do it.  So much for that one.
Landon insisted he be a ninja for Halloween, so on a trip to DI to find an old shirt I could tear apart and use for the costume he found this batman costume and immediately fell in love.  At $3 and no work it was the perfect find.  He's worn it almost every day since then and we're two months out. 

Braden didn't really care what he was for Halloween he just wanted red hair.  So he got red hair.  I made him a Lego costume that I will admit wasn't great and by the time we got to leave the house with it, it had been beat up pretty good.
But, his pumpkin turned out really cute.

Grandma dressed up as a ghost.  Go Grandma!

At the rec center there were some guys dressed up in these amazing costumes and stood there with a huge line of kids waiting to see them and take pictures.  I talked to one of them for a brief moment and he said he and his buddy just decided to go for it and dress up for their kids.  They had no idea everyone in Vernal would want a picture with them.  They were so awesome and patient with all the kids.  Landon was completely mesmerized as he is really into super heroes right now.  He thought they were the real deal, but I couldn't get him close enough to take a picture.  He was a little worried that The Hulk would "smash" him.  Hulk is one of his favorite characters from the Avengers movie. 

What a cute little alien.

This other guy dressed up in this great costume and just stood as still as could be by the sidewalk.  When some kid would reach out to touch him he would move and freak them out.  I thought it was hilarious.  Dalin and Braden watched it happen a few times and then wandered on over to take a peek for themselves.  You can tell Dalin is really checking it out.  "Is that real mom?"

After the rec center we went on over to the trunk-or-treat and got some more treats.  Then, Braden, Landon, and I went back to the rec center for the carnival.  They had so much fun and even though I was ill prepared this year I had fun too.

No comments: