Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lake View Farms

Mid-October Dalin had 3 days off school, so I thought we'd do something fun. Some people told me about Lake View Farms where they have a pumpkin patch and fun stuff for a reasonable price so I thought I'd check it out. Unfortunately Dan couldn't go with us, and the friend that was going to go with me bailed at the last minute with sick kids. So it turned out to be just me and the boys. But they had a blast. First of all anyone who knows Dalin and Braden knows they LOVE trains of all shapes and sizes. This place has a miniature train that you ride from one side of the farm to the pumpkin patch so they were in 7th heaven. Ecstatic doesn't describe it. There's also a boat that you ride back from the pumpkins over a pond, but we didn't ride that. No, no....we had to ride the train again. I wanted to go on the boat, but was outnumbered, as usual. It turned out to be a much needed trip of fun and laughs. Although, Dalin and Braden did their best to convince me that we needed to bring home some kittens that they had for sale. Clever people to throw a cage full of adorable kittens out for kids to pet and love and beg their parents for. I put the pictures in kind of a backwards order, so bear with me.
Before we got out to the pumpkin patch I told Dalin and Braden they could only get a pumpkin that they could carry by themselves as I was carrying Landon. Strollers can't go on the train. This was Dalin's choice. It was pretty beat up by the time we got it to the car, but he loved it and carved it for Halloween.
Braden's poor little pumpkin is what I refer to as the "Charlie Brown" pumpkin. It's the one that nobody else wants. But he HAD to have it. Any guesses as to why? Yes, it's green, his favorite color. I let them get a bag of popcorn and we ate it while we watched the train drive away over and over. Landon just takes everything in as usual. He's a good sport. They had a few animals to look at. Dalin thought the pigs were great because I've been reading him Charlotte's Web and he thought this pig looked just like Wilbur and even asked me if this was the same pig as in the story. So cute.
Overlooked the pond. It really is a beautiful setting for a farm.
Dalin and Braden kept making me take pictures of them here and then they would run over to see what they looked like. Braden would exclaim,"I look like a girl!" and then they would both laugh uproariously. So funny.
The boys ran and ran to find the perfect pumpkin. I kept having to remind Dalin that he had to be able to carry it himself because he kept choosing these gigantic things.
I set Landon down on the hay strewn ground and he wasn't too sure about it.
Landon and I riding the train. I like the cool dude behind me. I'm sure he'll appreciate his picture being on my blog.
Braden's perfect day is any day that includes riding a "real train". I have to admit it was pretty cool. Dalin talked to the driver for a good five minutes about how he wants to be a conductor one day. The guy was so patient with him and answered all his questions and talked it up like it was the greatest thing in the world.

No comments: