Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

After this post I am officially caught up in the blogging world. Halloween was a fun adventure. The boys really wanted to be pirates this year. Braden wanted to be a Tiger but then he saw the plastic sword Dalin got from Goodwill and he immediately changed his mind so that, he too, could have a sword. I threw their costumes together this year and went very cheap, but I think they turned out cute. Landon got the hand-me down tiger costume and was cute as can be. I didn't really want to trick-or-treat this year and thought the ward's trunk-or-treat would be plenty for the boys, but Dalin is in school. He knows it's Halloween and the moment he stepped off the bus couldn't wait to go out get his stash. So off we went. Not near as many people do Halloween as in Utah, I've found, and we even went to a couple of houses that were completely clueless. They looked all confused when they answered the door and then finally figured it out. Of course they apologized about not having candy. They had a lot of fun though.
Two little pirates.
The boys always love carving pumpkins. Here they are cleaning out Dalin's pumpkin together. It's so cute when they work as a team. Braden touched the innards once and then wouldn't touch it again. He kept saying "it's all sticky". Since when has that kid worried about being sticky or dirty? But I had to clean his out for him because he refused to touch it. Dalin carved his all by himself this year. I didn't help at all, other than helping him cut the hole in top and scrape out the last bits of guts.
And here's my cute little tiger all excited about this fun we're having. He loved playing with his pumpkin.
Dalin with his creation.
I love Braden's eye patch in this picture. Mr. Independent wouldn't let me help him put it on. As for his pumpkin, he told me what shapes to cut and I cut them. He was so weird about touching that pumpkin. He wouldn't even carve it because it was "too sticky".
LOVE, LOVE LOVE, this pic.
Putting on the final touches right before trick-or-treating. Can't forget the pirate facial hair.

When I was a kid we would come home and dump our loot out onto the living room floor so we could see what we got. My kids did the same thing. Note Dalin's bag on the floor by his candy. I made it out of an old table cloth that doesn't fit my table. I had one when I was younger that my mom made and I loved it. It always smelled like chocolate and candy so when we got out our Halloween stuff it always got me so excited to see that bag just waiting to be filled. I had enough material to make one for all three boys. So now they each have a matching bag.
Braden's loot.
Remember those suckers that have white pictures of things frosted onto them? The boys got some so I showed them how to put it on your tongue and make a picture. They thought it was the greatest thing ever. Can you tell what it is?
Dalin tried....
and Braden tried...but they mostly just licked off their beards.
And here's you-know-who trying his hardest to eat everything he can get his little grubbies on.

No comments: