Sunday, October 2, 2011

Corn on the Cob

One of the things I like most about fall is the fresh corn on the cob. It is sooo tasty. So we've been eating a lot of it since it's relatively cheap right now. Landon gets so upset if you eat in front of him even if he's just eaten so I gave him my cob (I know it's gross) so we could all eat in peace. He LOVED it. Now he knows what it is and when he sees it he says mo, mo mo (more). Look how happy he is when he's eating it.
I remember shucking corn for my mom when I was a kid and I loved it. I would get so excited when she would send us outside to shuck the corn. I have no idea why because now I don't see anything so special about it, but my kids now love it. How cute is that? Braden was lucky enough to find a "caterpiller" in one of his. You know those little, fat, green worms...and he fell in love and it became his pet. He put it in a jar with some corn and kept it for three days before it finally bit the dust and then he was so sad. We had to take it outside wrapped in toilet paper and give it a proper burrial. What a funny kid.

No comments: