Yes, I'm slow to post but I didn't want to leave this out because we really did have a lot of fun.
First of all I saw this idea for Valentine's on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for my kids. I really liked the way they turned out, although my picture didn't really turn out so well.
Then I made rice crispy treat kisses and put little messages to my kids in them. They thought this was fun, and who doesn't love a good rice crispy treat? Yes, I know too much junk on this day of love.
Braden admiring his little super hero. He was excited to take them to preschool and share for his treat.
I couldn't help it. I also made heart shaped cinnamon rolls. I wish I could say they were homemade, but they weren't. Just a package of ready made rolls that I unrolled and rerolled into hearts. I know, I know, waaaaaay too much junk. I promise it's not normally like this at my house.
After school the kids were really hyper. No kidding? They had devoured their treat bags from school in less than 30 seconds before I even realized what was happening. I order to channel their sugar highs we made a little craft.
Landon opted to just play with is truck and eat more candy.
And here's the finished project. Dalin named his heart guy Presley Oscars. He has a new little friend that just happens to be a girl named Presley. She comes over to play with our kitchen and happily bosses all the boys around. They play with her, but occaisionaly they go to "work" and come downstairs wielding light sabers and have epic battles before returning to rigors of home life.
Braden's finished heart guy. They really enjoyed this craft and so did I since it was fast to get out and easy to clean up. Good way to keep my little princes occupied.
And for the highlight of V-Day.....my greatest love. Here we are, almost 11 years later. It's been a wild and fun ride. V-Day is a great reminder of how blessed I really am. We're a couple of old, fat, farts enjoying life together and I wouldn't have it any other way.
1 comment:
Way to be so ambitious with all your craftiness. Bailey made those same heart guys in her class.
Post a Comment