Friday, February 15, 2013

The Green River

The Green river is not too far from where we live.  It was a nice sunny Saturday in February and we were sick of being couped up and decided to go for a drive out to the Green.  It was beautiful.  The snow at the edge of the river was cracking and sliding into the river and we had to watch the kids closely so they didn't get too close to the edge.  I'm so glad we went, because it relieved some of my winter blues and claustrophobia.  At one point the ice covering the river broke apart with a very loud crack that echoed off the canyon walls and floated in a big heap down the river.  It was pretty amazing to see.

Dalin and Braden loved it and had fun playing in the snow.

Landon had fun too, but for some reason wouldn't let us put him down in the snow.  I think his feet got too cold.
I love how everywhere we go Dalin must be carrying a light saber.
Landon and I went for a little walk to see a cave in the rocks on the left side of the picture.  I had to carry the little stink the whole way.
Dalin and Braden made up some camping/Star Wars game and played for quite a while in the their own little world.  You can see Braden gathering up some stuff to build a fire and and fort.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the light sabers. Nature and light sabers go hand in hand if you are 5 &7. Haha