When Dan comes home from work he usually asks, "How was your day?" I usually reply with "fine, how was yours?" But what I really want to say is completely different.
Today has been a lifetime. There were moments when my heart was so full, I thought I might explode, and there were other moments when my senses were under such intense assault that I was certain I'd explode. I was both lonely and desperate to be alone. I was simultaneously bored out of my skull and overwhelmed with so much to do. Today was too much and not enough. It was loud and silent. It was brutal and beautiful. I was at my very best today and then, a moment later, at my very worst. When your day is totally dependent on the moods and needs and schedules of tiny, messy, beautiful rug rats, your day is all of these things, sometimes within the same three-minute period. But this is not a complaint. Don't try to fix it. I wouldn't have my day any other way.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Perfectly worded.
Post a Comment