Easter....and I'm a little behind since it's August and school's about to start. But first, Easter. I have decided to drastically reduce the amount of sugar that my family consumes. I'm not extreme and feel like a treat now and again is fine and if we're at a friend's house, or school, or a birthday party or something like then it's no big deal to throw down some cake or treats, but I just think we have too much of it in our regular day-to-day lives. So I've axed sugar. I don't buy it for home consumption any more. So come Easter time I felt like they got so much candy and treats from church and school and just being a holiday that I asked the Easter Bunny to bring other fun things for my kids that did not include sugar and candy. Quite the revolutionist. But, that being said my kids loved Easter and were extremely happy with their Easter baskets. They got some Legos, shoes, puzzles, monster trucks, and a couple other small things. It was plenty.
Braden showing off his Lego tractor the Easter Bunny brought him.
Dalin got a Lego train. They just love Legos and have fun putting them together.
Landon got a monster truck, which we all know he is obsessed about.
Then we went outside and had an Easter egg hunt. Dan did bring home a bag of jelly beans from work that I filled the eggs with for our little hunt so they did get a small treat. The truth is they weren't really interested in the candy and we ended up putting most of them in cups of water to see what would happen.
Then it was time to line up our loot.
Dalin did get a chocolate Easter bunny from Grandma Anne. They shared it and I think more of it got on their clothes than in their mouths.
Since we have church at 1:00 we took time to color some Easter eggs. Who doesn't love doing that? It was so fun to watch them experiment with colors. They got a dozen eggs each, which I thought was tons, but they could've done a hundred more.
Such pretty colors.
Can you tell he's been eating some? Much better than candy any day.
Apparently my child is also evil.
See the bandaids on Braden's shoulders? He had worn a sleeveless shirt the day before and got a little sunburned. He insisted the bandaids would make them stop hurting.
Happy Easter everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment