Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baptised

Dalin turned eight and decided he wanted to be baptized.  I am one proud momma!  He was so handsome in his new suit.  Since we had several family members who were not going to be able to make it down to Vernal for health reasons we decided maybe it would be best to have the baptism at my parents ward so we were in a more central location and people wouldn't have to travel all the way to Vernal.  It worked out and I think Dalin was able to have more of his family come.  It was a very special day for him and us.  I am so grateful for the love and support our families gave us.  Thank you to everyone!  

He was so patient with all the pictures I made him pose for.  He was very excited to head over to the church in his new suit.

I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.  He was so ready for this.  
Just relaxing with his dad while he waited.  The day was so special and precious and I am so grateful Dalin made this choice.  He is a great example for his little brothers.  
After the baptism we went out in front of the church to take pictures and all the kids ran, rolled, and crawled up and down the hill. So fun to see.
I had to try really hard not to think about the possibility of grass stains on his new suit and let him have fun with his cousins and build those memories.  Fortunately no grass stains on his suit.

Here is Dalin with his great-grandparents.  These are my mom's parents, Grandma Janet and Grandpa Dan.
Here we are with all the great-grandparents.  Dalin is very blessed to have so many grandparents in his life. 
These are Dan's grandparents, Rex and Adele.  Dalin calls them his great grandma and grandpa Roper.  

And here we have super-grandma.  This is my grandma on my dad's side.  We love her and I know that my grandpa was there in spirit.  
Now to the grandparents.  Here's Dan's dad and Charlene, Dalin's grandma and grandpa Roper.
My parents, grandma Sylvia and grandpa Randy.

Dan's mom and Ron, grandma Anne and grandpa Ron.


Dalin and his cousin Bailey.  They are the same age and she just recently got baptized.
Here's the whole gang.  Thank you everyone for supporting Dalin!

Dalin with cousins Makayla and Daxton.  These are my sister Leslee and Devin's kids.
This is Dalin with Kyla.  She is Braden's age, but the two of them are great friends.  They just love to play together and click really well.  
All the cousins.  Left to right: Bailey holding Linkin, Leah, Dalin, Landon, Kyla, Makayla, Daxton, Braden, Aubrey, and Korbin.
Dalin with my Brother Ryan's family.  Ryan, Linkin, Bailey, Leah, Kyla, and Rachel.
Dalin with Bailey and Kyla,  They are good little buddies.  

My side of the family.  Cute bunch of people!  Unfortunately Dan's side of the family had started dispersing so we didn't get a full Roper side picture.  We had been taking pictures for a long while and people were getting hungry.  
Sheeesh, what handsome boys I live with.
Big thank yous to everyone who got Dalin a gift.  





Dan and I got him a new set of scriptures with his name inscribed.  So glad we did.  He is one special kid and we love him to pieces.


No comments: